Non-Lucrative Visa Spain Applications

Spanish non lucrative visa

Non-lucrative visa Spain

Since the end of the transition period, British citizens who did not qualify for residency under the terms of the withdrawal agreement and who want to spend more than 90 days at a time in Spain will need a visa.

Non-lucrative visa Spain
Non-lucrative visa Spain

Aimed primarily at the retired, the 12 month non-lucrative visa is the most likely choice for non-EU nationals who want to spend long periods in Spain enjoying the lifestyle but not working.

We are receiving more requests for help preparing applications. This is because of the complexity and level of details needed for each application. Plus, should an application be rejected because of an error the visa fee of £516 per applicant may be forfeited.

The non-lucrative visa is applied for through one of the three Spanish Consulate offices in Britain located in either London, Manchester or Edinburgh. In brief, the elements that go to make up the application are:

  • Complete passport
  • Recent photograph
  • NIE certificate
  • Certificate of account holder of Spanish account
  • Account statement last 6 months
  • Proof of incomes, pensions, annuities, summary of pension or investment funds (sufficient to cover all family members).
  • Public or private health insurance with paperwork in Spanish
  • Marriage certificate with apostille and sworn translation for dependent spouse
  • Birth certificate with apostille and sworn translation for dependent children or parents
  • Certificate of criminal record for adults with apostille and sworn translation
  • Medical certificate with apostille and sworn translation
  • Completed visa application form
  • EX-01 application form

Link to details about the non-lucrative visa issued by the Spanish Consulate in London

Note: This link is a 6 page PDF document. The first 3 pages are in Spanish, the second 3 in English.

Video: Non-lucrative visa Spain

We have recorded a short video explaining more about visa applications and the support we are able to provide.

Non-lucrative visa fees

  • Visa admin fees of 10.83€ per applicant
  • Visa consular fees of £516 per applicant*

Be aware that in the event of failed application, consular fees are forfeited and the application has to begin again. That’s why expert support might prove valuable in the long run.

*The full list of visa fees for British Citizens is subject to change and the up to date fee list is here from the Consulate website.

Enquire about support for making a non-lucrative visa application

We have a team in place who will guide you through the application process and can provide translation services for documents if these are required too. Once you have your visa and travel to Spain you need to have an appointment at the immigration office/police station to obtain your 12 month TIE residency card.

Email and we will be in touch.

Related Posts