Golden Visa Spain
The Spanish Golden Visa scheme offers British citizens and other non-EU citizens a path to residency in Spain. The most common method is through an investment of €500,000 made through one or a number of property purchases totally at least this amount. Spanish residency also conveys visa free access to the Schengen zone. Sun Lawyers can provide all of the advice and support to help people through the Golden Visa Spain application process.
Other investment channels are also open to obtain a Golden Visa and therefore residency, including:
- An investment in Spanish public debt of at least €2,000,000.
- Buy shares in a company or make a deposit in a Spanish bank of at least €1,000,000.
In addition to fulfilling the financial requirement, you must also:
- Be of legal age (18+ years old).
- Have no criminal record.
- Show you have not been refused a Schengen Visa in the past.
- Have health insurance in Spain.
The advantages of the Golden Visa Scheme
- You do not have to live in Spain to renew the residence permit – but you can if you want to.
- You can work and live in Spain legally.
- You can bring your family members with you (spouse, children, and dependent parents).
- You and your family members will have access to services such as state health care and schooling.
How to apply for a Spanish Golden Visa
The first stage is to have purchased the property (if that is the route you are taking) or completed on the other inward investments. Sun Lawyers can assist with all the legalities on the property purchase.
Next, submit a visa application to the Spanish Embassy or Consulate. In Great Britain these are in London, Manchester and Edinburgh. NB: At the time of application, you must be committed to making the investment, but the investment does not necessarily need to have been completed.
You can prepare and submit the application yourself or you may prefer to use an authorized representative, like Sun Lawyers. The advantage of using us is that we are familiar with the process and you avoid the chance of any application administrative error delaying the procedure.
You don’t have to be in Spain to apply for the visa. You will likely have to travel there prior to the visa application in any event to complete your property purchase or investment. Once you have been granted the visa (length, one year), you travel to Spain within that time to exchange the visa for your residence permit (valid for two years). The permit is then renewed indefinitely so long as the investment remains in place. Sun Lawyers can assist with this final stage.
Sun Lawyers has a dedicated relocation team helping people looking to gain residence in Spain. Contact them by email or from the UK call the Sun Lawyers Freephone number 08001303699.